Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Closed-Captioning Cock-Up of the Day: Interracial Love Edition

"Extra", one of the appalling number of celebrity-following programs that someone - sixteen-year-old girls, perhaps? - watches, popped up the other night while I was channel surfing. Fran Drescher was on the screen. I know many people can't stand Fran, but I've had a soft spot for her ever since her masterful turn as Bobbi Flekman in "This is Spinal Tap", which includes the incisive line: "Money talks, bullshit walks".

So I stuck around to see what Frannie is up to these days, and I'm sure glad I did. She's hawking some kind of beauty product or skin cream or something, so we were treated to this absolute howler of a caption as she discussed her personal beauty routine:

"I ALWAYS SLEEP WITH A MUHAMMED-ON-FIRE NEXT TO THE BED."

There you have it. Keeps her young, she says.

(She sleeps with a humidifier next to the bed. This time I was listening to the TV, too, as well as reading the captions. Can't fool me! Anymore. Very often. Usually.)

ronnie

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what the Muhammed feels about this, and how much she pays him.

8:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home