Monday, March 31, 2008

Email woes

I have been having trouble with my email... I've already decided that I am changing my ISP provider, Pronic Solutions, once my current contract with them is up. Over the past several years, they've gone from being a company I recommended to others to being unusable. Control panel and email pages that take minutes to load, a webmail program so bad that I actually have my email forwarded to Yahoo, check it there, and then reply via Pronic webmail if I need to, an email filtering system that doesn't work, and some of the worst spam detection I've ever seen have developed gradually and now gotten to the point where I'm just waiting for my contract to run out.

My current problem was, in desperation, turning on a program called "Spam Assassin", which supposedly aggressively dumps my spam into an email folder called "spam" and which must be emptied frequently so that I don't go over my quota. Well, it's no doubt full because I'm over my quota, all right, but I can find this alleged "spam" folder nowhere, and until Support responds to my requests for help, I'm going to remain over quota. I guess this is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, and the reason I've irrevocably decided to leave Pronic as soon as my current year is up. I'm thinking Bravenet, of which I've been a free member for years, and whose services seem to be impeccable. (In fact, their free services and goodies are so fine that I've often felt guilty for using them while not hosting the site with them.)

In the meantime, if anyone needs to email me, an alternate email is ronnie.cat at gmail dot com. (Note there's a period between "ronnie" and "cat"; back when I joined Gmail, that was a format they imposed - firstname dot lastname.)

I'm pulling together some photos we took of curiosities and oddities in Cuba for a future post. Right now I am SO BUSY, and I'll be heading to Halifax for several days later this week which will make me busier, so please stand by.

ronnie

1 Comments:

Blogger Xtreme English said...

you mean OTHER PEOPLE have problems with their email servers? quel dommage!!!

10:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home