Thursday, December 23, 2004

Butterballs and Best Wishes

Happy Festivus, everyone!

Well kids, I made the big decision. With my sister in town for the holidays, I'm going to do it -- I'm going to cook Christmas dinner. Turkey, stuffing, vegetables, cranberry sauce -- the whole nine yards. It's a little difficult to believe that at the age of 39 this will be the time in my life I have ever actually roasted a turkey, but it's true. With just the two of us at home, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners were usually spent at my mother-in-law's house -- which wasn't a bad deal because she's a great chef. But with Sis here this year it's time to have Christmas in our own home, and that means facing the ultimate domestic challenge -- The Christmas Turkey. I'm already getting lots of excellent advice from the Butterball website, among others. (Is it just me, or is "Butterball" one of those product names that worked in the seventies but now is just kind of... eugh?)

Wish me luck.

Just as I have been too busy shopping, wrapping and mailing to post much recently, so will I probably be too busy over the next few days to update. I am thinking of you all and hope that each of you have a wonderful holiday with your families. Wish I could see all of you again; this year has given me a new appreciation for my friends and family. Take care of each other. I love you all. Merry Christmas.

ronnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home