Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Well, here we go...

Tomorrow is really D-Day. I mean, A-Day. Activation day. The day they "turn the damned thing on".

Everything up until now - even the surgery - has been prep.

Tomorrow we find out if it works.

If "Good Luck!" and "Best Wishes!" and "We're praying for you!" and "Godspeed!" could do it, I'd be laughin'. Because I'm a lucky girl, and I've got all those things "coming out the ying-yang", to use a New Brunswick phrase.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think those things made a difference. I can't help but believe they have done so, so far.

The only thing I am completely unprepared for, is nothing. What if there's nothing? What if the damned thing doesn't work at all and there's nothing?

Anything short of that, I think I'm ready for.

ronnie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's nothing, then you'll still be who you are, and that's a considerable blessing.

But I'm sure there will be something! I'm gonna listen to "Pet Sounds" when I get home, just to set the tone. So to speak.

11:08 p.m.  
Blogger arfenarf said...

I'm downloading Pet Sounds from iTunes today just for you.

Best wishes on today's adventure. May R2D2 chirp cheerfully in your ear.

11:48 a.m.  
Blogger Brent McKee said...

Ronnie, I know you've had them coming out the ying-yang, but for the record, good luck, best wishes, go get'em girl. Why? 'Cause we like you.

2:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home