Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"I know what I'm getting into."

I happened to stumble across a post on "In the Field", a "behind-the-scenes" blog maintained by CNN reporters around the world which I'd never heard of before, about their coverage of a Norwegian reality tv dating show for the disabled.

The post (sorry, there's no permalink or direct URL so you may need to scroll down for it) is less interesting for what it says about the show than what it says about the evolution of the feelings of the reporters who covered the story.

An excerpt: "Lydia van Dam was the second contestant we met. She has a severe birth defect and has been in a wheelchair since birth. I asked her why she would put herself in the public by displaying her disabilities on TV. She put it simply: 'I am physically disabled, I am not mentally disabled. I know exactly what I’m getting into.'”

Read more here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Rock on Lydia! Keep on challenging perceptions!

11:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home