Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Kids are Alright

I'm here! I'm here!

I've just got my hands full with Christmas, commuting, and a cold, which is great for alliteration but not great for celebrating the holidays. For fear of infecting Mom O., who has health issues, with a mean little chest-then-headcold that blossomed on Christmas Day, I had to miss Christmas Dinner at her place; ah well, it sucked, but they made me up a plate, and as I said to Husband I'd rather miss Christmas Dinner than have everyone remember it as "the year 'Ronnie' put Mum in the hospital". Except for that, Christmas was absolutely wonderful as usual and I'll have some of our more offbeat and interesting gifts to share with you in a near-future post.

For the moment, I wanted to share a news article that conveniently covers not one but two stories I had intended to blog about last year, but I never found the time to do so. Both are stories that are fine antidotes to occasional despair about the state of the nation's youth; here's some strong evidence that The Kids are Alright.

ronnie

5 Comments:

Blogger Carl said...

Different nation, but:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/ny-wocamb275515619dec27,0,735916.story

9:34 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Wow! Amazing what an impact one young woman will have on the lives of literally hundreds of others!

ronnie

10:21 a.m.  
Blogger Peggy said...

Three cheers for those terrific children!!!

8:02 a.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

great post! which i immediately appropriated (with proper acknowledgements) for my own end of year post.

those stories are very inspiring, especially to the world-weary old crocks among your readership....i can think of at least one...ahem.

happy new year!!

11:19 a.m.  
Blogger Abbie said...

Happy New Year Ronnie! I hope you are feeling better!

10:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home