Thursday, December 27, 2007

Perhaps...

...I'll blog, eventually, about the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

She had been a role model to me since I was... what? Eleven? Twelve?

(Her flaws and tainted political choices I wouldn't understand until much, much later.)

I was stunned when I saw the headline today on my CBC news ticker at work.

I was stunned like I haven't been since... when? When?

Since September 11, 2001, I suppose. Just that stunned - even though she knew it was coming. Any day. Any minute. Any second.

And of course, we did, too.

And yet, right now, I'm simply gutted. Just gutted.

ronnie

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Xtreme English said...

go for it, ronnie. i'm envisioning a wellspring of reaction from everyone who has been touched even remotely by the life of this woman. maybe we can counteract the endless spin going on....

happy new year!!!

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

This has been a terrible week for strong females, hasn't it? I'm with XE in hoping you write more about the human one; Chris Clarke expressed well in his blog how I feel about the feline one.

Yes, happy new year, anyway. At least in this coming year, we Baja Canadians get to elect a different bozo to lead our executive branch. Here's hoping the new bozo is simply inept. That would be a significant improvement.

2:15 p.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

how's the cold, kiddo? are you back in the salt mines again?

it's cold down here! brrr. can't imagine what it's like up there! they're probably playing that wind chill gig for all it's worth!

9:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home