Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Boxing Day



Unlike most other jurisdictions in Canada, in New Brunswick Boxing Day is still a real holiday, with almost nothing open. Our orgy of shopping starts tomorrow - ironically, a Sunday, when New Brunswickers couldn't shop at all until a decade ago or so.

We haven't done a blessed thing all day except read our new books, play with our new toys, watch the endlessly-amusing interaction between our two cats and houseguest Ozzie (formerly Algy), eat turkey sandwiches, and watch a Mad Men marathon on Bravo. I haven't even changed out of my pyjamas all day.

Ahh. We should keep days like this. They're precious.

ronnie

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Xtreme English said...

does it count if you just sleep in your clothes? it's so frickin cold here, pjs are not enough!!

9:19 p.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

Hello. Someone in DC has just complained to someone in Canada about how cold she is!

Next thing you know, I'll start complaining about rain.

Oh, wait... I might have already done that. Never mind.

10:50 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

And she's orginally from North Dakota, which I think of as "Canada South". So if she's complaining about the cold, I reckon it's COLD.

M.E., it's been so cold here I've slept in my clothes on more than one occasion. The trick is to remember to change the next morning...

10:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home