Saturday, March 05, 2011

Cats quote Charlie Sheen

Thanks to Mike, who alerted me to this addition to the always-entertaining Medium Large blog through his (Mike's) much-worth-following Comic Strip of the Day blog.

There are several takes on this at Medium Large - check the links at the end - but this one struck me as the funniest.

I don't know what I think of Charlie Sheen's prolonged and very public meltdown. At first I thought it was drugs (which it initially almost certainly was), then when he produced clean drug tests I thought it was mental illness, and I felt badly that everybody was having so much fun watching a mentally ill person flame out on camera. And now I'm starting to think the whole thing may be an elaborate prank similar to Joaquin Phoenix's confusing and convoluted flameout a couple of years ago.

One thing is for sure. You can't process this with a normal brain.

ronnie

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent McKee said...

Cesco has stuck with the Cat theme today, although he's dropped the Charlie Sheen connection. He has some funny poems by cats in today's strip.

1:57 p.m.  
Blogger Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

I especially loved "I'm fine - I have a plan."

The manic behavior looks very familiar to me, having lived with someone with bipolar disorder. I can't really generalize to everybody, but i think people with untreated bipolar are desperately attracted to self-medication, though it makes either extreme much worse.

6:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home