Monday, January 24, 2011

Good kitty.



Photo above: the best place in the world.

Those of you in the previous post's comment thread who said she would let us know when it was time were right. She declined rapidly over Saturday night and Sunday.
We took her to the vet today at 1:00. The staff were gentle and professional and caring and made it as easy as such a terrible thing can be. She was very quiet and peaceful, and the last words she heard were her dad and I saying "good kitty". Because she was, she was a very good kitty. She held up her part of the bargain.

And I believe we held up ours, too.

Goodbye Veronica. Good kitty.

You'll have to excuse me, now. My heart is broken.

ronnie

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

No excuses necessary, no solace possible for a while. Love to you all.

8:22 p.m.  
Blogger Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

No words. Sherwood said it all. Thinking of you, Husband, and Mojo.

8:53 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Ditto.

Take care.

6:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you.

- pt

9:15 a.m.  
Blogger Gwen said...

I'm very sorry, Ronnie. I have been a follower of Veronica & Mojo for quite a while now. I have been where you are several times now, and it never gets easier. All I can say is she knew she was safe and loved to the very last moment.

Gwen LaPointe

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Dann said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Ronnie.

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

Oh,no....what a loss! Our thoughts are with you all. Thanks for sharing Veronica with us. We got to have a great cat for a while--even if she lived away....

10:22 a.m.  
Blogger Ronnie said...

Tough time, ronnie, but keep remembering the love - and living it ---

10:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts.

4:59 p.m.  
Blogger Brian Fies said...

Very sorry, it is a heartbreaker. I think it's supposed to be.

9:49 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Thank you so much everyone. I'm sorry I don't have any eloquent words - I don't have any words at all, really - but your own mean so much to us. I never understood before how much condolences help at a time like this. Thank you.

7:59 p.m.  
Blogger Mark Jackson said...

Awfully sorry to read this - I know how hard it is.

11:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Denise Portis said...

Sorry for your loss. Our furry family members remain in our hearts even after they are gone. I tell folks "they left their pawprint on my heart".

Thinking of you!

12:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home