Saturday, December 11, 2010

Purity Climax Mixture

Purity is a venerable old Newfoundland company. They make various types of biscuits and crackers (including hard tack), cookies, and also lots of delicious candies. (As an aside, when I was working at the immigrant-serving agency, I would bring in Jam-Jams to share. For some reason, people from China just loved the Jam-Jams. Just loved them.) Newfoundlanders living away crave their Purity products, and their island-based families have for decades sent "care packages" of Purity goods to their homesick kin. I've gotten a few myself, although happily Purity products have started turning up on store shelves here in New Brunswick. I always buy a bag or two of Purity Kisses when I'm back home, though, just in case I can't find them here.

Having said that, I would love for someone to explain to me what this, found on the Engrish.com website, is.

engrish funny - Experience The Rainbow
see more Engrish

I know not the country in which this was found but can pretty solidly affirm this is NOT what they are called in English. And given that the company's name, and brand, and image, is "Purity", it seems a bit... incongruent, does it not?

Ah, interwebs. You constantly surprise me.

ronnie

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Presumably the Purity kisses lead to the Purity climax, yes?

7:34 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Now see? That's thinking on your feet.

8:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually made by Purity, in Newfoundland.

http://www.purity.nf.ca/candy.html

A better photo:
http://www.smolyn.org/gallery/index.php/taryn/aug2006/newfoundland/tour/PICT0236_001

It's in the top row, second from the right. A little hard to read, but that's it.

- cryptoengineer

(we still miss you on racs :-( )

9:02 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Awwwwwww! I miss racs too. More recently, for some reason. Thinking about getting back there soon.

Thanks for the info - the French on the packaging made me suspicious that it was in fact a Canadian product.

9:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt like it at all

1:11 p.m.  
Anonymous nicole said...

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1:12 p.m.  
Blogger Cussot said...

Oh, I love Climax Mixture! They remind me of all the road trips we took in Newfoundland when we lived there because we usually took some Climax Mixture along. The candies are like Purity peppermint knobs, but they're mixed flavours.

3:08 p.m.  
Blogger johnnyspork said...

Found an explanation of the name on another blog, enjoy!! http://cephalogenic.blogspot.com/2008/08/excitement.html

9:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home