Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Now it's Christmas


We got a perfect picture of both of the cats on Santa's lap at the Fredericton SPCA's "Pet Photos with Santa" fundraiser.

That was about, oh, five years ago.

Since then it's been a bit of a stickier wicket. They're older, bigger, crankier. They still treat the event with complete aplomb, ignoring great slobbering dogs and wriggling ferrets. But familiarity breeds contempt. They will not settle down and look at the photographer any more. They wriggle. They look all about. They are not impressed.

Here's this year's effort. They're endearing for their complete refusal to be adorable. Mojo looks positively pissed. Santa looks grimly determined, and is gripping them like they're his boarding passes for the arks escaping the apocalypse at the end of 2012.

Could've been worse. Could've looked like this.

Merry Christmas, all y'all.

ronnie

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

I hardly know how to comment -- but Fonzie might, if given a chance over at Mojo's place. I *can* say that Santa, to me, looks more frightened than anything else, and Mojo's left forearm is TEH BOM!

3:43 a.m.  
Blogger Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

But i love this picture!

Mojo: "I choose not to participate. I will go elsewhere in my mind. To a place where i receive proper adulation. Ancient Egypt...yeah. That's it."

Veronica: "Watch that hand, you utter clod."

3:45 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Sherwood: Fonzie's wish is my command.

Ruth: I laughed out loud! Thank you for your appreciation of my not-adorable-at-all cats. And I believe you nailed Veronica's thoughts. Mojo claims he was looking "intrepid".

9:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home