Thursday, December 23, 2010

A reminder: Norad tracks Santa!

I don't believe I can improve on the post I made 5 years ago about NORAD tracking, and reporting on, Santa's flight for 55 years now. I willl suggest to all of you to share the amazing experience of tracking Santa live online with whatever littles are in your survey on Christmas Eve. Or, dammit, just follow him yourself. Be good, for goodness' sake.

One significant change I've noticed: When I was a little, in the 1960s, listening to it on CBC Radio, the NORAD reports were quite clear that Newfoundland was the first stop of Santa's sleigh. I assume now that this had something to do with the broadcasts being Canadian, and Newfoundland having the furthest eastern time zone. It was, I will tell you, incredibly exciting.

Now, NORAD's Santa actually starts his flight in the far east, and chases the day all across the globe. I'm usually asleep before he hits North America.

Maybe that's the plan.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Believe.

Now in 7 languages!

ronnie

4 Comments:

Blogger Xtreme English said...

On his current schedule, SANTA is asleep by the time he reaches Washing DC, and the elves have unloaded all the goodies into the stockings hung on Wall Street. Only coal left for the "salons of Georgetown"....

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

2:53 p.m.  
Blogger Shahana Shafiuddin said...

Happy new year

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

M.E., Santa never sleeps on Christmas! He's magical! Didn't you know? That coal in the stockings in the "salons of Georgetown" are entirely intentional.

Bless your heart, Steve Finnell, but a quick glance at your blog suggests to me that we don't have a lot in common. At all.

Shahana, Happy New Year to you, too.

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home