Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Celebrating Citizenship

A tweet alerted me to this wonderful blog post by a woman whose husband became a Canadian Citizen yesterday.

I've attended a lot of citizenship ceremonies and she captures the experience nicely. The only part she left out is that there is always a Mountie in full red serge in attendance, and everyone - everyone - insists on having their picture taken with the Mountie. It's very sweet, too.

And that if Mama Alice is attending the ceremony she will ululate, which is awesome.

ronnie

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Very cool.

There was a point when Canada seemed to be in my future, and, no, not because of the draft. When I think back on that-which-did-not-happen, I sometimes wonder which makes me more misty, thinking of her or thinking of life in the Maritimes.

I firmly believe that, if you like where you're at, you should not speak badly of the road which got you there, and I like where I'm at. But, still, that's a pretty good country you got up there, lady.

7:14 a.m.  
Blogger Brent McKee said...

Tell Mojo to look out - the government done fell and you can never tell when it's going to hit a kitty's haid.

4:58 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Mike, you're still welcome. We could use you.

Brent, that may be the comment of the year. I was thinking just today of the day the gov'mint fell on poor Ronnie's haid.

10:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home