Monday, May 05, 2014

#31favsounds

May is Better Hearing and Speech month. To celebrate it, CI recipients are asked to do this:

May 1
Tweet your favorite sounds each day in May using hashtag to raise awareness for Better Hearing and Speech Month!

It made me realize there are some sounds that I really, really love having access to again.

Birds singing. There is a tree across the street from our house that just gets filled with birds sometimes.

Crickets chirping. Especially in Cuba, late at night.

Surf crashing. Anywhere. And running water. It's beautiful!

My phone chiming with a message. To quote Futurama's Dr. Zoidberg, "Someone is paying ATTENTION to me!"

Mojo squawking. Learned to squawk while I was deaf. Never learned to meow.

Anything Husband says, pretty much, ever.

Everybody around me when I'm at a pub watching a key hockey game and our team scores.

I'll probably think of more later. But, man, you don't know what you'll miss 'till it's gone.

ronnie


1 Comments:

Blogger jade said...

had fewer bad air days for ozone and daily particle pollution compared with the previous report. Westmoreland County was the only county to score a failing grade for particulate matter. gladys cobb

2:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home