Saturday, June 10, 2006

Yankee Ingenuity!

My good friend Mike Peterson forwarded an article today that reminded me of why - my recent rant about a handful of surly Yankee pundits notwithstanding - I love Americans - Mike himself, for sending this, for starters - and America.

After all, is there a city that sounds more... American to the foreign ear than Des Moines, Iowa? And this... this... is their flood plan. We can only hope it fulfilled its intended purpose of "[taking] some of the load off of the pipe downstream".

There's simply no way I can 'set up' this link. You just plain have to see it for yourself.

ronnie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shows up nicely on Google Earth, too... although you have to rotate it 90 degrees to get the full effect.

11:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home