Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mary Ellen's implant day

Today is Mary Ellen's implant surgery day!

I am so impressed by her willingness to take this leap after so many years of living well as a deaf person.

I'm also overwhelmed with memories of my own implant day and what I felt like.

I know it is going to be a lot tougher for Mary Ellen than it was for me. I was deaf for only a year, and had very powerful memories of what hearing sounded like. She is going to have a very different experience. She has a family and friends around her to support her, and that's the most important asset she needs - that, and intestinal fortitude, and she seems to have that in spades as well.

I know you join me in wishing that the surgery goes absolutely perfectly.

ronnie

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks Ronnie - We're all crossing our fingers, saying our rosaries and generally thinking of my mom on this important day.

10:17 a.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

Back from TO? All's swell in the house of CIs here in DC. My ear's leaking a bit, but that's to be expected, they say. Thanks so much for your great support! you and the others have made all the difference!

4:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home