Friday, March 30, 2007

Tales from the Black Horse Tavern

A while back, I blogged about my trip to the Miramichi, and included a photo of a building that just... looked interesting, although I didn't know much about it.

I mused that it looked like it had a story or two to tell.

Husband, catching up with my blog posts, informs me that not only does it have some tales to tell, it has so many that an an award-winning book has been written about it by a New Brunswick author, Ray Fraser.

Out-of-print now, but I must try to track it down. I'll bet it's got some ripping yarns.

ronnie

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Xtreme English said...

hmmm..."critically acclaimed New Brunswick author, Ray Fraser"... "author of 12 books"..now lives in Fredericton...etc. etc.

just googling away here. the UNB has a lot of his papers and writings.

but you doubtless know that...good luck on finding which book of the 12 is about the goings-on at Miramichi

are you ready to fly to cuba??

8:31 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

You're quite the Google queen, M.E. :) I have an even better source than that - Husband knows Ray and is going to ask him directly where we can get a copy of the book.

Am I ready? O boy! Am I! (But I am having almost as much fun shopping for the trip as I'll have taking it... :)

3:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blackhorse has been owned by the same family since it opened. Ray Fraser's book has nothing to do with other than the title.

3:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home