Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Intermittent communication

Well, first my laptop's power outlet failed (complete with a whole Diagnostic Manual's worth of bizarre attendant behaviours), then Husband's laptop ditto, and now since my entire organization is moving office this week, my work access will be spotty at best and completely unavailable for some time. I have not yet sensed the onset of Delirium tremens yet, but haven't broken down my office computer yet, either.

At any rate, I'm here, and I'll be back, with a bigger office, two windows, and a great new view.

ronnie

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

I think there's a plague running around among North American computers. Even Jeff's ministrations couldn't save our desktop, and even Diane's laptop is exhibiting "aberrant, bizarre behaviour."

We've had to bite the proverbial lead/cadmium ballistic projectile and buy a new box... but it won't be here until the end of the month. Meanwhile, I rely on the kindness of my employer.

Speaking of which, congrats on the new office! I hope that helps ameliorate your downcast of a while ago.

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

... AND, wouldn't you just know it, I just now tried to read Mojo's blog over at LiveJournal, only to find that the whole LiveJournal/Vox/etc. enterprise is down because of power outages.

And, imagine my surprise to find that the power outages in question are just a few miles north of me, in San Francisco! So Mojo's blog actually lives (on disk), I guess, a lot closer to Boulder Creek than it does to Fredericton.

What a world.

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

as for the failure of laptops, etc., in north american, i blame bush. mine hit the deck(desk) last week, too, and the ones at work have been especially balky.

TWO windows?!!! mercy! you must be the big boss of everything now...congratulations!!!

4:32 p.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

north americA, pardon me all to heck.

4:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home