Friday, March 25, 2011

A tragedy of monumental proportions

I did not know this lady well. I heard her speak many times at conferences, as her field of study and my professional track crossed many times in our small province, and our small Atlantic region. I believe I may have also heard her speak at national conferences. So respected was her research.

I spoke to her directly once or perhaps twice, after one of those presentations, thanking her for sharing her knowledge.

And now she's gone. Another stupid, senseless loss to domestic violence. Allegedly.

It would make the angels weep, were there angels. I no longer believe there are angels.

ronnie

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Not much to say, but to acknowledge is important.

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

There may be no angels, but there are still good people. Very good ones. She seems to have been one of them.

1:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home