Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm goin' down to Cuba - Jackson Browne

 

Sometimes I get to feeling low  
Wish I could just pick up and go  
Somewhere new, I'd change my point of view  
Maybe somewhere I don't know
 
Toss the idea to and fro  

Not sure what makes it come and go  
There it is again, sweet music on the wind  
Over the Gulf of Mexico
 
I'm going down to Cuba, someday soon  

Following that Caribbean moon 
 It's been too long since I've been there 
I'm going down there to see my friends  
Down where the rhythm never ends  
Where women wear gardenias in their hair
 
People will tell you it's not easy  

You're not supposed to go, they say 
They say that Cuba is the enemy 
I'm going down there anyway
 
I'm going down to Cuba to see my friends 

Down where the rhythm never ends  
No problem is too difficult to solve  
Yeah, times are tough down there, it's true  
But you know they're going to make it through  
They make such continuous use of the verb to resolve
 
They've got to deal with that embargo  

Enough to drive any country insane  
They might not know the things you and I know  
They do know what to do in a hurricane
 
Maybe I'll go through Mexico  

And old Jesse Helms, don't have to know  
Anyway all the allies of the USA Travel to Cuba everyday
 
I'm going down to Cuba to see my friends  

Down where the rhythm never ends  
Where by comparison, my trouble will just unravel  
I'm North American, you know  
Don't like to hear where I can't go  
Free people, will insist on the freedom to travel
 
I'm going to drink the rum ojito, no, no the mojito  

And walk out on the Malecon, the Malecon  
In one hand a Monte Cristo  
And in the other an ice cream cone
 
I'm going down to Cuba with my band  

We're going to formulate a plan  
Whereby we obtain that cultural permission  
If I told you once, I told you thrice  
It'll put a smile on your face  
To see a Chevrolet with a Soviet transmission
 
Oh, that Mojito, Malecon, yes
I bet the country cast a spell  

And there are things I think of still 
 Like the beauty of that woman that spoke to me  
In the Hotel Nacional
 
I'm gonna book my flight today  

I'm definitely on my way  
Just hold my place and I'll get back in the race 
 And I'm back in the USA

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home