Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eye of the Sparrow: a Bad Lip Reading video

I do love these Bad Lip Reading videos. (There are a whole bunch of them on YouTube.) If nothing else, they highlight the difficulty of lip-reading under any circumstances. (I never, ever, picked up the knack, and to this day people ask me if I can.)

They get a bit too clever at times in this one - fudging words here and there that would clearly not be misread for the words substituted. Their earlier videos which were based solely on misread words were funnier. But still, given the event, the overall effect is pretty funny.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtreme English said...

Interesting, but a bit of a stretch.

Btw, that's the first footage I've seen of that debate. SO glad i didn't watch it. Seems quite disjointed, though perhaps that's from editing by the "lipreaders."

For whatever reason, I've always
been an ace lipreader. First question the audiologist asked after finishing my hearing test was "Where did you learn lipreading?" Answer: "I dunno." It's more than just what the lips do. But I make tons of mistakes, despite that skill.

4:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Brandon McBride said...

I love these videos - they crack me up. Take a look at the one for The Hunger Games, too.

2:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home