Tuesday, October 12, 2004

ohmigodohmigodohmigod!

Oh my God! Finally! I got the call today from the Hearing and Speech Centre! My evaluation is November 12 and I get butterflies every time I think about it!

The website notes that "20 surgeries [per year, presumably] are now possible in Halifax (14 for Nova Scotians, 6 out of province)..."

Six out of province.

I feel terrified to be this privileged.

I don't know how long after evaluation the surgery usually happens. I jokingly told someone the other night I wanted to be hearing by Christmas. Now it is a theoretical possibility, although I don't expect it.

Lord, I hope I am a good candidate. I swear, I'll never take a sound for granted again. Not George W. Bush's migraine-inducing bizarre linguistic contortions. Not French pop radio. Not even the sadistic commands of a phone menu system.

I may still have to mute Ralph Nader's dispatches from cloud-cuckoo land, of course. One is only human.

ronnie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Ronnie. I'll be thinking of you in November. I check the blog every few days to see how you're doing and really appreciate your candor and insight. I can also relate a bit to the therapeutic value that writing about your experience may provide....
Brian
(the "Mom's Cancer" guy)

12:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home