Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Whaddya MEAN I gotta come back?

Bah.

Last night during a break in class, one of the other students approached Husband. She asked how I went deaf. (The fact that she didn't ask me is telling, isn't it?... the class is about learning to communicate with the deaf, but her instinct was still to choose the easy route and talk to someone else about me rather than to me. I'm not being mean, although I was slightly offended. She didn't mean any harm. She was just doing what comes naturally.)

She told us that she has a friend who went deaf just as I did and right around the same time (remember I mentioned earlier there was a spate of them in late June?). She also said that her friend had already been to Halifax for a CI evaluation. Emphasis on a. She has to go back again for at least one more.

Bah. Just when you see a light at the end of the tunnel it turns out to be another guy with a flashlight walking in the opposite direction asking you if YOU know a way out.

ronnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home