Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sighting Mom's Cancer in the wild

Remember a while back when I embarrassed myself by posting a picture of the Boondocks collection Right to be hostile at Venus Envy in Halifax without noticing that Mom's Cancer was in the shot, on the very next shelf?

Well, to quote Pete Townsend, won't get fooled again. On Saturday I spied this copy of Mom's Cancer at Westminster Books, an independent bookstore on King Street in Fredericton. Looks like it was their last copy in stock!

I also asked about the book at Strange Adventures, an independent comic and graphic book store with locations in downtown Freddie and Halifax. They didn't have any copies at the Fredericton store - which was great news, because they'd had five in stock and had sold every copy! "Guess it's time to order more," Derek said.

I'll have to pass him along the books' "Sell Sheet" (pdf format) Brian recently posted on his blog. It's an order form developed by Abrams for bookstores to order or re-order copies. There's a phone number on the sheet for "organizations interested in buying books in quantity at a special discount". Single or few-copy buyers, as always, can buy through amazon.com or amazon.ca, chapters.indigo.ca, or their country's online equivalent, if they can't do so through their local independent bookstore (but I betcha your local independent bookstore will have it or get it in for ya - ask!)

ronnie

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Fies said...

Thank you, my friend. Your continued support means a lot to me. And your usual check is in the mail.

2:41 a.m.  
Blogger Kidsis said...

Love these sightings. Still amazes me.

1:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home