Friday, December 22, 2006

Bigot of the Year

It was a squeaker in a year that brought us Mel Gibson's drunken anti-semitic ramblings and Michael Edwards' racist meltdown, but Virginia Congressman Virgil Goode managed to slip in just before the New Year to snatch the prize.

In a letter sent to several constituents, Goode warns that "if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran."

The letter actually gets worse from there.

Goode is standing firmly by his remarks.

Merry Christmas, Congressman Goode. I hope Santa brings some peace for your misguided, ignorant soul.

ronnie

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Peterson said...

I'm less concerned with the ravings of one elected nutcase than I am with the way the cable services are pouncing on it as if it were a controversy they needed to cover. There was a day when this sort of person was left mumbling to himself in the corner of the bar while the rest of the folks went on their way without dignifying his idiocy. We're not just amusing ourselves to death but we're also creating hate where they didn't need to be any.

8:36 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

I wish I felt I had the luxury of agreeing with you, Newshound, but I don't.

Barely-hidden Islamophobia is rampant in the West right now, and this guy is a Congressman who not only has a heaping helping of it, he is encouraging it in his constituents in order to shore up his power. That's frightening to me, and I want it exposed for the ugly truth it is.

Maybe 2007 will be better. Ya think?

ronnie

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home