Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Handy foreign phrases...

Our Latin-American Spanish phrasebook is proving very enlightening. It contains all the following useful phrases. Just in case.

"I'm only here for the weekend."
"Solo estoy aquí de fin de semana."

"This is my husband."
"Éste es mi marido."

"We're separated."
"Nos separamos."

"I need to see a pharmacist."
"Necesito ver a un farmacéutico."

"I need the morning-after pill."
"Necesito la piladora del día después."

I'm sure Husband is collecting his own set of phrases, which may include these useful samples:

"Her? She is my sister."
"¿Ella? Ella es mi hermana."

"Would you like to go for a drink?"
"¿Quieres ir a tomar?"

"I need to see a doctor."
"Necesito ver a un médico."

"Is it serious?"
"¿Es grave?"

"It itches!"
"¡Me pica!"

mischievously,
ronnie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! I only know the French ones, and the only one I remember is "Ta mere c'est Belge."

xenglish

4:56 p.m.  
Blogger Brent McKee said...

As long as neither of you needs the phrase "se quema cuando hago pis" ("it burns when I pee") your vacation can probably be considered a success. Have a great time.

4:28 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

XEnglish,
One of the phrases in the book in a section about speaking Spanish is, "It's a lot like French."

We both speak French and it is most certainly not! (Except in some details of grammar and conjugations.)

Brent,

How extremely useful! I've jotted it down in the back of the phrasebook.

Just in case.

;)

ronnie

7:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home