Friday, February 26, 2010

Who could be so churlish?

One-upping the usual "put this card on the bed if you insist on having your sheets changed every day, you selfish, environment-destroying bastard" technique, the hotel I am staying at in Halifax (for an extra enforced night due to a snowstorm in Fredericton), The Prince George, has this charming little frog prince, sitting on his little cardboard lily pad, which bears the following text:

IT'S EASY BEING GREEN!
Thank you for participating in The Green Prince Environmental Program. We will replace only empty bath amenities, adjust your climate controls while you are out, replace only those towels you leave on the floor and change your bed linens on the third day.

Should you wish to opt out, please move The Frog Prince OFF his Lily Pad.



What, and be some kind of evil, horn-growing, anti-environmental NAZI?

I think not.

Greenly guilted,

ronnie

PS: Had an absolutely blisteringly delicious Turkish meal at Cafe Istanbul Express, a downtown (Scotia Square - connected by a pedway to my hotel) fast-food offshoot of the Cafe Istanbul on Spring Garden Road. Like, transcendently delicious. One of the benefits of being stormbound in the region's most multicultural city. And I didn't even have to go outside in this bloody wind and rain.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

If it's me, I steal the frog.

8:30 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Considered it.

Figured they'd send Intertadpol after me.

8:53 p.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

sherwood, i'da pinched it, too, if it wasn't too heavy. good one, ronnie

12:57 a.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

Intertadpols are mean muthas. They can arrest you with either hand.

3:26 a.m.  
Blogger Mike Peterson said...

Do Canadian hotels also have the PS? As in

PS -- We've stopped paying the housekeepers. Please remember to tip!

Not sure what the environmental benefit of this is, but I'm content that they can come up with one.

7:59 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Mike - I've seen it, but it isn't the norm here. Yet. I've tipped housekeepers on numerous occasions, usually when they do something that is special. (I usually forget to, as it hasn't been part of the routine.)

I was on a trip to Moncton that was shaping up to be an absolute disaster - I managed to bust out the rear window of the rental van, for starters, on a jutting pipe in the rental agencies' underground parking garage at the very start of the trip, the first of many problems and complications on the trip - when a housekeeper noticed I'd broken my nail clippers into two pieces. She fixed the clippers and left a note, explaining that she'd fixed them, and saying she hoped that was okay, signed with a smiley face.

I left her $10 and left with a smile on my face.

8:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home