Thursday, September 30, 2010

HABSZONE!



Or, as I call it, Heaven. Score 1 new Habs t-shirt for ronniecat.

Curious - while they had a whole bank of ladies' tees with players' names on the back, the one name I wanted - Halak - has been expunged completely. I'm about 3 months late for that one. Even a joke about finding one in a back room got only a terse twitch of the lips.

As you can see, it was pouring apocalyptically. Always seems to be my luck with Montréal. So much to photograph here, on the square outside the Bell Centre - status of many of our Canadian hockey heroes, paving stones noting great moments in hockey - all drowned under a downpour. Quel dommage!

ronnie

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

Cool... but that wasn't what I thought this post was going to be about, given the big astronomy news of the day. I thought "habszone!" was going to turn out to be ICHC-ese for "habitable zone."

(Re the linked article: Steve Vogt was in his first year as a grad student at Berkeley during my last year there. It kind of brings me up short to see the kid referred to in other articles as "Vogt, 60."

11:05 p.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

)

[For the umpteenth time, I wish Blogger allowed us to edit comments after they've been posted.]

11:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home