Saturday, September 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, "C"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we do every year, in honour of "C"'s birthday, Fredericton invited some of the finest jazz and blues musicians in the world to to kick off autumn with a bang.

Last night, as has become tradition, we took in the "Blues Happy Hour" at the Mojo Tent together.

This year we heard an incredible performance from up-and-coming NB blues musician JP LeBlanc. (We left with that odd satisfying feeling you get if you have the experience of understanding that you've seen someone who is going to be great, before they are famous and lauded and un-seeable in such an intimate venue.)

Last year, the same concert - Colin Linden played - was the first live performance I'd attended since I had gotten my hearing back. It's a really special thing for me, and it is all wrapped up with celebrating the fact that the world is a better place because some years ago, C made her debut on the face of it.

Of all the friends who did amazing things when I went deaf, C did the most amazing things.

Of all the people who knew how to do and say the right things at the right time, who went way beyond the call of duty to help, who not only helped me keep my sanity but helped Husband keep his, who showed themselves to be true "friends in need" in the most fundamental sense of the phrase, C was the most outstanding.

She went out, after a demanding day's work, into the freezing Fredericton night, two nights a week, week after week, to learn sign language.

So that I wouldn't be alone.

I'm embarrassing her now :) .

So, to honour another tradition, here is this year's C birthday photo.

(Husband says we're both better-looking this year. I say he's right.)

Happy Birthday to one of the most outstanding women I know.

Thank god you're here.

ronnie

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY C!!!!!!!!

9:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home