Thursday, January 01, 2009

Let the Good Guys Win.

For a few years now, I've been posting or linking to the lyrics to "Let the Good Guys Win", by Canadian singer-songwriter icon Murray McLauchlan, on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Its plaintive opening plea ("May I get what I want, not what I deserve") reminds me always of how lucky and how inadequate I am, and its plea that this year maybe "the good guys" will "win" speaks to the embers of my optimism.

This year I was delighted to discover that YouTube has video of McLauchlan performing the song with friends (and also-Canadian-music-icons) Tom Cochrane and Paul Hyde. Enjoy. And this year, let the good guys win.




The wishes in the song are my wishes for you. Happy New Year, everyone.

ronnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home