Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just a small update.

I've already told you that Mojo is doing well, and thank Bast for that.

I'll be heading to Halifax on Friday to get my new CI processor programmed. This was supposed to also be a getaway weekend for Husband and me; with Mojo so recently coming out of a bad spell and a diagnosis of kidney disease, it's going to be a solo trip for me while Husband keeps a close eye on The Boy. Too nervous still with the diagnosis, too worried not for one of us to be here.

I go to Halifax alone for business meetings on a regular basis. Once every couple of months, usually. But Husband has been by my side for every one of these appointments regarding the CI, and I feel a bit out-of-sorts and weird about it.

I was thrown for a loop when talking with my audiologist on the phone, when she told me I might have problems with the new processor. I had assumed at this point it was just a straight trade-in; she said that if I had problems after our 2:30 pm appointment, "I'll be in my office until 5, and if you have problems over the weekend, you can just stay on in Halifax and I'll be in my office Monday morning." I know it'll be fine, Husband reminded me that my results have been stellar so far. But that rattled me a bit. I don't want to be alone and handicapped in another city.

It's going to be fine, I know; for heaven's sake, I navigated the world while completely deaf for a year! And if worst comes to worst, I will still have my old processor with me to switch back to. (I think I don't have to turn it in until I come home.) I think I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything that's happened recently, the Mojo diagnosis (echoes of just losing Veronica), the cataract diagnosis and worrying about the coming surgery, now adapting to a new processor. I've decided to embrace the trip with an aggressive cheerfulness, and will be posting lots of photos to this blog and my twitter feed, which I update obsessively all day.

Bizarrely, I feel like the handful of readers of this blog are with me all the time, kind of hovering over my right shoulder. Including Husband. I expect I will feel like that on this trip, too.

ronnie

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

You're right that we'll be with you, of course, but I have just one minor correction:

Dann's the one at your right shoulder. The rest of us are over here on the left.

More scritches to Mojo, please, and be good to yourself.

11:23 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Don't worry about a thing. Mojo will take care of the hubby and household. And we'll be here watching, yes, mostly over your left shoulder.

8:25 a.m.  
Blogger Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

There's a lot of serenity to be found in planning the whole thing as well as you guys have. It's gonna be awesome, and the beauty of the 'net is that your readers are with you all the way, and with Husband and Mojo too. Think of our good thoughts as kind of spreading a nice carpet of positive energy under everything from home to Halifax.

Looking forward to the trip photos and updates!

- Just another leftist....

10:33 a.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

Chins up, kiddo...You do have wonderful bloggy pals--like Sherwood, for one, and Brian and Mike and me, too, though I'm slowing down on the blogs--and we do hover around, enjoying your posts about the good days and your trips to Cuba, worrying and weeping with you over your cats, cheering you on. It's nice to know one has anchors in many parts of the sea....

9:59 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Thanks, and bless you, M.E. I did feel all of you there with me.

I have an outstanding group of followers, I really do. I am so thankful for every one of you.

"anchors in many parts of the sea..." what a lovely way to put it.

10:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home