Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Why does every airport I pass thru have a store selling these? WHY?



I tell you truly, I've seen stores selling these weird animal face hats in Winnipeg, Regina, Toronto (Pearson), Montreal (Trudeau), and Ottawa airports recently. What is up with it? Travelers from warmer climes, arriving in winter, especially immigrants, I could understand. You're going to need headgear to go out into that. But why not a shop selling hearty old toques? What are these hats with animal faces thereon?

It is a mystery. And as my cochlear implant surgeon said, "I don't like mysteries".

ronnie (gratefully home from a wee trip from hell)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting - since your previous post was a picture of Ottawa.

10:50 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Anonymous - yep, saw these in YOW on my way home. But I see them in airports all over Canada. Mystified, I am.

9:05 p.m.  
Blogger Sherwood Harrington said...

Maybe I should wear one of these to my next lecture. Which one would you suggest?

11:25 p.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Sherwood: The monkey. Definitely the monkey. Or the pig.

1:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comment referred to the fact that you said you had returned from hell - and the last post was a picture of Ottawa!

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger ronnie said...

Anonymous - Ah, I see! Ottawa is definitely NOT hell. It's a lovely town. Air Canada, however, managed to make the getting-there and getting-home quite distinctly hellish. My twitter feed from those trips are reminiscent of Kafka :)

9:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Sister said...

What? You don't WANT to have a giant rabid-looking monkey on your head?

4:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home